Monday, September 6, 2010

In the begining December 2002

Well, it was a rainy night when my daughter Dani and I were on our way home from visiting my Mom in the hospital. It was Dec. 10, 2002 and I had no plans of buying a car. My daughter is the one that suggested we stop and get the phone number off the 1968 Black Mustang convertible. It was not in bad shape...so I thought. My brother Gary and I took the car for a short test drive and we had to do it. I decided to purchase the car as a surprise Christmas present for my wife Denise.
She loves classic cars and always dreamed of having her own classic Mustang.
We drove it to Plaza Ford http://www.plazaford.com/ and Tom gave it a "once over" and made it safe for the road.
When it was being inspected we were made aware of some of the rust on the undercarriage.
We hid the car there and at a friends home till Christmas morning.
These pictures are of the car before we did anything to it.