Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January 5, 2011 Detailing with Dani

Clean up night. Danielle went with me to detail the car while I did a few final things.
There will be more after Dee gets the car back but it will be at my pace.

The after market scripts and the emblems were a pain in the butt. The fasteners do not work very well. The originals had bolts on the back to fasten them. These came with the expanders that go into the hole with the post. That was not working well and the emblems and scripts did not have the contour of the fender. I ended up using the 3m trim cement and it worked fine. I found out that is what a lot of the body shops use now. I did not grind off the posts. I used them to help secure them.







Dani cleaned the sealer of the lettering. I love the way the wheels look. She also cleaned the trunk and interior. She detail the engine and then was stuck moping the floor when we got done. We tried not to make a mess. Lisa spent time cleaning up the shop today and it looked great.



The rocker trim was another after market accessory that could have been made better. The clips are poorly designed. I will have to go back after and find a better way to secure them. The top of the clip shows above the trim itself. I would rather pay more and have a nicer product then to have something cheep. You get what you pay for.








All she needs is a big red bow.