Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011 Reassembly

On the road again. Leo and Brian went with me to get the car back to the garage.



I wanted to see what the new wheels would look like but I still had to clean up the wheel wells first.

Good bye old...hello new








I was not around when Mark un-assembled the grill so there was a bunch of time spent tiring to figure things out. Having new trim kits did not help any. They did not match the original.


I put the valance and base of the grill assembly on first.



Then started laying out the other parts



I was nervous about working around the fresh paint so I taped off the areas that could be scratched .



Denise has always liked the look of fog lights. It would have been nice if there was better documentation on the installation of the fog lights. It look a while to figure it out.








I like the look too.






Moving on to the rear. M U S T A N G , thank God I checked my spelling first





The fender extension trim looked like poop. I had to replace that too.







The door and rear window gaskets were replaced too








O.K. Mark, last time you have to look at that door panel



I am not really sure why this paper was on the original door but I thought I would replace it too.


I painted the red portion of the doors. The paint was odd. It took three coats to cover the primer



With the new panels and fresh paint , the doors look great


Now to the other parts of the rear. The new bumper and the small rubber guard the goes behind it is going to be replaced. Wonder what the heck that rubber thing does??




The reverse lights are new too. The old ones were in bad shape



Tail light time. I replaced the bezels and it made a wonderful difference.






The rear arm rest and the front kick panels had to be freshened up.


The old speakers always sounded horrible. These should make a nice difference





The trim went on well. I took a bunch of time because the new carpet was not easy to work with. I did have to cut the carpet to size. It was very stiff.




I also replaced the door jam trim and suffered the first injury. The edges are very , very sharp. HINT*** Sand the edges of the new trim parts including the outer rocker trim. That will have to wait till tomorrow.

I like the way the new carpet looks






I got the seats back in before calling it a day. The seats are in great shape. There is a bit of fading at the tops but I did not want to replace the seat covers at this time.





Getting Closer!...