Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 27 and 28, The Paint job

When I arrived at Plaza Ford, they had the strip coat down and it was baking. I really like the stripe color. It would be a nice primary color ! Larry had to use a sealer on the car before the color coat. There were areas that I sanded through the primer exposing the filler and it was giving us some small pin holes in the paint. After the sealer was laid down , Larry sanded the areas and laid down the stripe color.



Sorry, no pix of the tape job for the stripes.

After speaking to Jeff this morning, We were shooting for a delivery on the 29th. ( tomorrow night) then he let me know I might want to stop by this afternoon. It would be worth it.
When I arrived, Jeff was all smiles and now I see why. The paint job was done. All that was left was a buff job to get out some of the "buggers" in the paint. The black is very unforgiving.

You can hardly see the stripe from the side.


The stripe was just what I was looking for. Not real loud but ...NICE!!!.


The stripe will continue down the front valance. Larry had to remove them to paint. They will go back on tomorrow.

Now it is back to Leo's mom's for a long weekend.