Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 12, 2010 Off to the Paint Shop

The first thing I did when I came back to the garage after Jeff finished the primer coat was to block sand the car...again! I purchased a can of sand able primer and dusted the entire car. We just wanted to use that as a reference so I could see the highs and lows better




It worked like a dream. It was very time consuming.

I did not tape off the bottom of the car very well. I will need to touch up the undercarriage after the final paint and assemble is complete.

This is a beautiful site. It has finally been moved out of the prep garage to the trailer to take it to Plaza Ford for Jeff to work his magic.

Of all the days to pick, I had to pick a night when it was starting to very lightly snow. Thank GOD for Leo and his desire to help. It was about 23 degrees when we started loading the car for the 22 mile trip to Plaza Ford.

This was a fun job

Once at Plaza, we moved all the parts inside to be ready for the finishing touches

She looks all pathetic sitting there. Only a few more days...




I have to always give credit where credit is due. I have been uniquely blessed with great friends. This has been a wonderful collaboration of efforts. It warms me to think about all the hands that have touched this project. Not because of the hope of great riches, just a kind heart and a willingness to help a friend. The newest member to the project family is Jeff Battaglia from Plaza Ford. Jeff is a special man with a servants heart. He has already spent a lot of extra time ( of his own) to get this project done and on time. He now has to juggle this and the normal work that everyone is expecting. That takes a special man to manage a body shop. He is the right man for the job.