Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010 The Paint job has begun

I realize she does not look like much now BUT...if you could only see the paint up close.
Thanks to Jeremy we have a incredible color selected. We wanted black. We got awesome. After finding out that my first paint choice would be exponentially more expensive and time consuming, I called Jeremy and told him what I was looking for and he found 2005 GTO Phantom Black Metallic. What a gorgeous color. If it can be laid down properly, It will be incredible. Sorry to all you hard core Ford guys. Remember this is a driver not a show car. I don't believe Denise will ever have the hopes of selling this car as an original. The keys will have to be pried from her cold dead hands.

Jeff had the trunk, doors, hood and rockers all cut in.



Can you see the flake? Very small and subtle until you look up close.



I am so thrilled that I spent all the time I did in the prep work.


I got a tour of the paint booth too. The Headlight buckets and the rear quarter extensions are still on the table.

It looks like GLASS
The fenders are ready to go back on too for the final painting.

This is the front valance. It was amazing. I know I spent hours and hours removing dents and filling and sanding and filling and sanding...It was all worth it.

Jeff was kind enough to do things correctly even though I did not request it. He taped off the factory stickers ( I have the new ones to install) and he coated the underside of the trunk lid and the hood too.

This has the makings of a first class paint job.

Tomorrow is re-assembly day. Then to final paint. Christmas Eve could be very interesting and a very long night.